written: 2013 by ramzi makram-ebeid
Here are my top six flooring providers in Egypt, and 6 quick tips to bare in mind:
1. Use the “real deal.” if you want wooden floors, go for natural wood. Doing this will bring authenticity to your space and an energy that only the “real deal” could bring.
2. Use the same flooring in the majority of the space, it’s a little visual trick that helps make the space look bigger and helps tie in all rooms.
3. Durability is very important, make sure you get a flooring that will work well with the function of a room and your lifestyle. i.e. does it need to be water proof? How much traffic will the space have?
4. The area of color that your flooring covers is second only to your walls, so plan out the entire space’s color scheme to ensure that all colors are working well together.
5. Style, not just the style of the space is important, but also of the period of the building that space it is in. If you’re living in a well designed building, try to tie in your space to that of the building somehow (this can be done via the flooring, walls, furniture, etc…)
6. Finally, don’t go cheap, changing your flooring once you move in is a nightmare. So, for example, if you want marble but can’t afford a high quality marble, go for a high-end terrazzo, you’ll save money, have the color you want and get a durable product.
(in alphabetical order)
Floors and more
6 salah el din street.
1st floor, apt #22
tel: 02 2736-4543
recommended for: sisal & wool rugs, leather tiles, cement tiles and solid wood flooring
915 corniche el nile street
tel: 02 2365-3326
recommended for: solid wood flooring (huge fan, they also make amazing high-quality furniture)
56 imtedad ramses st,
nasr city, cairo, egypt
tel: 02 2401-3920
recommended for: granite, marble, onyx, sandstone and slate
9 sekka el beida
off of salah salem
recommended for: plain and designed terrazzo tiles
terra egypt – stones and glass
5 el nakhil street
off el-batal ahmed abdel aziz street.
tel: 02 3335-7111
recommended for: mosaics, natural stones and tiles (ceramic and glass)
23a ismail mohamed street,
tel: 02 2736 0420
recommended for: acrylic, silk/cotton and wool rugs (besides their lighting and furniture of course)